The stormy weather came and went and the only visible damage was to the turkey house. This week a gentle breeze saw the largest bough on this old ash tree come crashing down.
It damaged the fencing too. Luckily the cattle aren't out yet.
So husband and Don set about cutting the branch into useful logs. Whilst most people who work with husband, the choice of ten year gift is often iPod, iPad or another technological gift. His was a Stihl saw. Boy is it the best gift ever!
You can see the rot in this picture, which must have left this branch weakened and vulnerable. Sadly for No 4 this was the tree that we had earmarked for a tree house.
WE managed (notice how I said 'we' - I was very much the supervisor) to collect over two and half tons of wood. This has now been logged and sorted ready for the winter.
So there we have it being organised through no choice of our own. I am so grateful to Don who has kept husband motivated this weekend. I think next weekend is pig fencing again and we also need a wood store.
a shame about the tree but just think how nice it will be to have all that wood all ready come next winter
ReplyDeleteYou have enough wood here for a year!! I love a real fire x
ReplyDeleteThink of all those lovely fires you'll have with all those logs - lucky you!
ReplyDeleteThe wood will be great but what a shame about the treehouse!x
ReplyDeleteOoh, I wore the rainbow hair-ribbon you sent me today and it made me think of yoU!x