Tuesday, 14 May 2013

The efforts of my work!

Not last weekend but the one before I bought myself a sewing pattern.  It wasn't my first choice because that one had sold out.  As it turns out I'm glad because I am really feeling the love for the skirt that  I made from that pattern.
No 4 was with me when I was purchasing said pattern.  She was bored and quite honestly didn't hide the fact.  I've stood so many times watching her playing football in the cold and wet to not even feel the slightest bit of guilt! Fabric looks like it has a black background but in real life it is navy blue. By the time that I had carefully cut out the tissue paper I started to make the skirt at around eight o'clock.  My dressmaking skills are a little rusty and I had to keep looking into the sewing machine manual to find out how to change the stitch.  More frequent use would solve that problem I think.
 I found myself hemming the skirt at about quarter to eleven last night.  Just like an excited child I was determined to wear my skirt to work today. Here it is...

It is so comfortable that I think I may make some more in different colours.

4 comments:

  1. Well done you. It is lovely! I can really relate to the wanting to wear it straight away too, for all the sewing I do, I still feel like that once I have finished something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skirt is lovely! Well done. Such a pretty fabric too.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice skirt, you look lovely :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it and the fabric is great. Love all the flowers, it just looks happy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!