Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Meet Zee

One of the subjects that I teach at the until the summer is small animal care.  We only have fish at school at the moment, so we rely on the kindness of staff to bring in their own pets.  Zee is an eighteen month old Bearded Dragon. She visited us for the day and was quite demanding as she would scratch the glass to be let out and have a cuddle! Seriously, she did!  I couldn't believe it, not one bit as I'd imagined.  She is calm and very sociable and clearly knows her own mind.  Her 'Mum' says that she is very fussy and turns her nose up at some of the food that she is given.  She likes watercress, locusts, meal worms and beetles.  I'm kind of tempted...

1 comment:

  1. I'm fascinated by them in pictures but I don't know if I could get that close to one in real life :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!