I have wanted to have a go at crochet bunting but my skills really didn't extend that far. I think it was because I was teaching myself from a book, I couldn't quite remember what the abbreviations were for and many patterns on the net are US terms. The space between crochet dabblings were too great for me to remember what I had previously learnt - or my new knowledge fell straight out of my ear. I'm not sure but it was all too much from me! Anyway my new found memory and confidence means that I have finally cracked it! Mrs T told me it was easy and it was because no sooner had I made one pennant...
I had made eight more...
I do find sewing the ends in quite therapeutic especially when I get up before everyone else so my house is unusually quiet. If I was a bird I would make a nest with these...
I decided to make an independent crochet string so that I can move my pennants as the mood takes me. I love my new bunting hanging up in my kitchen. The colours match my new stool cover. I haven't taken a photo of it hanging yet as I really need to clean my windows!
But take it from it's cute! ;-)
Oo-er, Missus - you're doing really well with this crochet lark! Love the bunting. Well Done Jille. x
ReplyDeleteway to go, good job. It's so colorful and happy and I like your idea of making the chain separate so you can change it out
ReplyDeleteOh well done, that just darling, I am very new to crochet and still the terms won't stick in my brain, but I will get there.
ReplyDelete