Friday, 24 May 2013

Meet my new babies

This duckling hatched first, I was beginning to worry that he would be an only child.
 When I got home from school there were three more. I do love ducks, they waddle about with such attitude giving a running commentary about everything they see.
These are the chicks that hatched last week.  Some of them are cream legbars which are a breed of chicken that are autosexing.
'Dark for dame, pale for male.'
It's not looking hopeful, I think I have only one female and four males and there is one that I'm not quite sure about.  Sometimes it looks dark and I think female and at other times I think it's definitely a male.

I'm not quite sure what breed of chicken this is, but the eggs were quite small.  No 4 asked if we could hatch them. There are two of them hatched at the moment so we will wait and see if there are any more. It's not a very good photo as even in their just-hatched state they are so quick!

I've mentioned before that I do small animal care at school.  When I went to give the fish a holiday brick to feed them whilst we are on half term, it had already been done.  Thank you Mrs P. 
You know I love you! 
I've also been told today where I will be in September, I must say that it has been on my mind rather a lot.  Anyway, I'm going to be in Nursery and I can't tell you how excited I am. From one end of the school to the other...

3 comments:

  1. Baby ducks are about the cutest things going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, how cute. This is more than enough for my daily dose of cuteness

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!