Sunday, 22 January 2017

A touch of patchwork

One of the projects that I would like to complete this year is a patchwork quilt. I was so fortunate to buy this one as it was only 50p from the jumble sale. It has been washed and now awaits its backing. It's bigger than I remember it. I'm not totally sure what colour to have the backing to be honest. I just love it. I can't help but wonder it's history. It came with a stitched label celebrating a marriage. It must have come away in the wash because I couldn't find it this morning. I wondered if one person had custody of the backing and the other had the front! No matter I have it now and will become part of its history. Here are the pictures that I have taken this morning. Its much more vivid than the pictures show. I also have another one that I shall show tomorrow. Sadly this was not from the jumble sale but from a lovely little vintage shop in Welshpool, so it cost me a lot more than 50p.

2 comments:

  1. What a bargain, and a beauty at that . Can you remember the date on the label? It would be fascinating to try to do some more research on it! Can't wait to see the second one, though can imagine what it cost. I tried to buy just a piece of 1940s patchwork from our local antique emporium, not much bigger than 1.5 yds by 24 inches and they wanted £48 for that! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super find and a bargain too, I'd be intrigued by it's history too.
    I picked up a huge EPP hexagon quilt in the charity shop a couple of years ago for £7.99 it includes some girl guiding badges and I would love to know who made it. I haven't decided what to do with it yet, so I shall have to get my thinking cap on.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the next one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!