Friday, 13 January 2017

Hygge

When I was little I loved the short days because we could close the curtains early and snuggle down  in front of the fire. I called it cosy. I always asked for cosy. I even loved the frequent power cuts because we lit candles. I think that's why I love my red chimney breast, log burner and candles. That's also why I love to come in from work, put my pjs and thick socks on, draw the curtains and shut out the world. I've always read or crafted as my favourite leisure activity and it feels special to be able to do this in my pyjamas in front of the fire. You see I was already living with hygge in my life, I just had my own word for it! I think everyone should try it.  And now I'm off to do my knitting.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds exactly like me, so really we were doing/being hygge before it had a name/following. Trendsetters we are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, same here!!Legends in our own lifetimes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!