Tuesday, 24 January 2017

Far From Home

A quick question Jenny, when I back my hexie quilt will it have a straight edge or does it follow the hexie shapes? Does it matter? Could I use a wool blanket to pad it or would that be wrong? Turns out I can't count to one after all !

Changing the subject, I have just finished reading a book. A proper turn the pages kind of book! This is a very rare thing these days as I find the convenience of my kindle, well convenient! I'm as fickle with my reading as I am with my crafting, but no one knows of my bips like they do my wips as it's a secret between my kindle and I.  Anyway back to my book, Mr Cymraeg bought it for me for Christmas. It has been quite nice to read something that I may not have chosen for myself.

The story begins in Hull in the 1800s where the  main character, a young woman called Georgiana,  embarks upon an exciting and dangerous journey to New York by sea.  Tired of the inequalities and confines of being a young woman at that time, and with only her maid for company, she journeys across parts of America, whilst meeting many interesting people along her way. I found the book very difficult to put down once I had gotten into it and would recommend it! I shall be looking out for books from the author Val Wood again, which should not be too difficult to track down as she has had many books published, often with the storyline being based around the Hull area.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jille, have a look here http://www.getasquiltingstudio.com/2016/08/finish-edge-hexagon-quilts.html. Some good tutorials for either straightening the edge or leaving it in its hexagon shape. And yes lots of quilters use old blankets for the wadding. A great idea if you already have one or can lay your hands on one. Don't seem to come across them much here any more.
    The book looks good. I don't think you're the only one who jumps between kindle and proper books. I'm certainly guilty and couldn't be without my kindle now when I'm travelling! Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!