Tuesday, 31 January 2017

Knights!

Today I visited the centre of Lincoln to discover that the Knights are being painted in the Waterside Centre. A couple of years ago Lincoln hosted a Barons' trail which attracted many visitors to the historic city. It was part of the celebrations for the 800th anniversary of the Magna Carter. It gave a lovely feel to the city and many people were sad to see them go, although they were auctioned for charity.
This year will see the Knigts' Trail  celebrating the 800th anniversary of the Battle of Lincoln. This year will see a trail of 35 Knights,  an increase of 10 sculptures. I can't wait!
These are the two that were being painted:

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jille
    I am really looking forward to seeing them on the trail. One of my friends is going to be painting her design on a knight too, which is so exciting. Many a photo opportunity will present itself, I think!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting. Would love to see these when they are done

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. I love it when you leave a message!